Re: what if there's no __NR_oldmount nor __NR_mount?

On Mar 14, 2003, Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse dot de> wrote:

> Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com> writes:
>> This patch fixes linux/umount.S such that it doesn't fail to assemble
>> if an old-style umount syscall is not available at all.  Ok?

> In what situation would this happen?

Building glibc for n32 or n64.  There's only __NR_umount2, no
__NR_umount or __NR_oldumount.

> If neither of these is available, the function has to be implemented
> anyway as a dummy returning ENOSYS together with a stub-warning.

Err...  Why?  I mean, is there any code that actually calls it?

Anyway, I realize x86_64 and hppa are in similar situations, and they
have an umount.c that should do for mips64 as well.  I'll submit this
change along with some other cvs adds for linux/mips/mips64.

Red Hat GCC Developer                 aoliva at {redhat dot com, gcc.gnu.org}
CS PhD student at IC-Unicamp        oliva at {lsd dot ic dot unicamp dot br, gnu.org}