Re: mon_grouping bug

> The description of the grouping and mon_grouping members says
> "An element value of CHAR_MAX ends any further grouping (and hence ends the
> string)".
>
> The best solution would probably be the substitution of '\177' by
> CHAR_MAX in ld-monetary, but I am not sure what the implications
> are. Therefore I decided not to change any running code but only to add a
> code path.

Looking at the standard, I think that is indeed the correct change.
It clearly says CHAR_MAX, so the value must be the same value a program
compiled using the CHAR_MAX macro sees.

I too am concerned about what effects this might have on existing programs,
however.  It can only be an issue for existing programs on platforms where
char defaults to unsigned and so CHAR_MAX != 0177.  Which platforms are these?