Re: Fixing the Norwegian locale; replacing or patching?

[Ulrich Drepper]
> I don't necessarily have to be able to read it.  For monetary format
> pointers to official web sites using the format is fine.  For
> sorting things are more problematic but everything which means a
> major divergence from what we have now is very suspicious.

Sorting order is a problem, as some border cases seem to be undefined
in Norwegian.  What I do know, is that both no_NO and nn_NO should use
the same sorting order (the one in no_NO, I believe).  The sorting
order of nn_NO is wrong at the moment.

We are working with the national language council (Språkrådet), and
the national standardization organizations to try to get the
information we need to make the locales correct.

I believe it is best to create nb_NO, and base nb_NO and nn_NO on the
corrected no_NO.  I plan to send patches for no_NO to get the numbers,
currency and dates correct.  Then I'll send patches to nn_NO to get it
to use the information in no_NO, and hope that in the mean time we
have been able to get some decisions out of the relevant authorities
about sorting order.  Does this plan sound good to you?

I'll also go through the bugs reported against 'locales' in Debian,
and check if the problems still apply to the CVS version of glibc.  I
believe I've checked all locale-related problem reports in glibc
gnats, and sent patches or emails with information to this list.
--
##>  Petter Reinholdtsen  <##  | I find your lack of trust disturbing.