Re: cvs build failure (x86, alpha, hppa...)

Hi,

> I don't test LinuxThreads anymore, so this will happen more and more
> often.  This time I fixed it but it's really a waste of time.  Those
> architectures which are lacking nptl support better get working on
> designing the ABI, updating binutils, and writing the code.

Speaking of that...  what is the status of support for ppc32?  I have seen
lots and lots of patches go past but I am unsure of when or where the tool
changes are available.

I would defintely like to build and test the nptl support for ppc32 for
linux, so where should I find:

- the right binutils or a patch
- the right gcc version or a patch
- any required glibc patches
- is there a minimum kernel verison required - I heard a rumor
  that someone (RedHat?) had backported needed changes to the 2.4.20 series
  (are these patches available)?

Or are some of the required pieces still missing for ppc linux?

Thanks,

Kevin