Re: patch: Norwegian week start on monday, not on sunday

On Sun, May 18, 2003 at 08:19:56PM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Keld Jørn Simonsen]
> > Hmm, the monday should be day 1 of the week. This is defined by
> > the keyword
> >
> >    week    7;19971201;4
>
> Where did you find this keyword?  I did not find it in no_NO nor
> sv_SE.
>
> > and thus:
> >
> >    first_weekday 1
> >    first_workday 1
>
> But sv_SE is using 2 instead of 1.  Which one of them is correct?
>
> How do I test if the information is correct?  Is there some program
> actually using this week day information?  I tried to check it with
> cal, but it seem to start on Sunday no matter what I do.

Both are correct. TR 14652, which is documenting the "week" keyword
says that the default is the US custom, and that locakes using ISO
8601 week numbering should use the above mentioned week specification.
So you should just add that line as specified above.
You can find TR 14652 here:
http://std.dkuug.dk/JTC1/SC22/WG20/docs/n972-14652ft.pdf

Best regards
keld