Re: PATCH: Fix struct stat [__USE_FILE_OFFSET64] insysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/bits/stat.h

> From: Andreas Schwab <schwab@suse.de>
> Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2003 12:21:38 +0200
> Hans-Peter Nilsson <hans-peter.nilsson@axis.com> writes:
> |> Huh?
> |> I'm not removing any padding.
> ??? I didn't say that.  That should have been done a long time ago.

Uh... right.
Do you have any issues with *my* patch, then?

For the record, I think I understand the cause of the
miscommunication.  I wrote:

|> My
|> patch has absolutely no effect on platforms that pad the
|> structs; it's a generic fix.

> The real bug is that the
> padding hasn't been removed when dev_t was enlarged, but now it's too
> late to fix that.

I thought that "too late to fix" was also referring to my patch,
but it seems you referred to a *different* change, involving
removal of padding.  Again, I'm *not* proposing that.

brgds, H-P