Re: don't assume reloc_addr passed to elf_machine_rel* is aligned

Alexandre Oliva wrote:
On Jun 24, 2003, Roland McGrath <roland@redhat.com> wrote:

I wish...  I have no pleasure in working in glibc any longer.  My
(over?)reaction to Uli's postings is a clear symptom of this.  I just
want to finish this work that I have been asked to do and move on.
Maybe some day I'll come back, but my interest has faded, and this
may take a while to mend.

Alexandre,

Thank you again for all your contributions to the mips glibc port. I saw the struggle you went through to get things in place, but it seems that your efforts have proved successful in the end. I hope you'll come back someday, hopefully sooner rather then later (perhaps doing something challenging like TLS or NPTL support might renew your interest?). I can't speak for everyone, but I found your reaction to Uli to be quite restrained and reasonable, given the circumstances. Don't let him get you down... after all, his opinions (such as they are) could hardly be considered objective. Good luck in your future endeavors!

Cheers,
Nicholas