Re: locale for Uzbekistan

In Unicode there is a canonical list of scripts with
mappings to ISO 15924, with the following caveat:

   Note: ISO 15924 provides an enumeration of four-letter
   script codes. In some cases the match between these
   script names and the ISO 15924 codes is not precise,
   since the goals are somewhat different. ISO 15924 is
   aimed primarily at the bibliographic identification of
   scripts; because of that it occasionally identifies
   varieties of scripts that may be useful for book
   cataloging, but which are not considered distinct as
   scripts in the Unicode Standard. For example, ISO 15924
   has separate script codes for the Fraktur and Gaelic
   varieties of the Latin script.
   [http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr24/]

In fact, our goals might be closer to Unicode's than ISO
15924's, not sure. The list is in
http://www.unicode.org/Public/UNIDATA/PropertyValueAliases.txt
It's short, so I'll paste the relevant portion here:

   sc ; Arab      ; Arabic
   sc ; Armn      ; Armenian
   sc ; Beng      ; Bengali
   sc ; Bopo      ; Bopomofo