Re: Spurious rebuild of Versions.v.i

Roland McGrath wrote:
Also included are some non-parallel-make-safe constructs.  In general,
anything which can cause recursion to a parent directory is unsafe; I
just had two subdirectories attempt to recreate Versions.v.i at the
same time.  Looks like rtld-csu and rtld-gmon.

That is redundant but should not be unsafe.  That is, the unnecessary
rebuilds should produce the correct results.

I just had a look at how Versions.v.i is built, and I guess it looks safe, but only because that rule was carefully written... it's a bit unnerving as a newbie to have to trust that... but then us newbies have to take a lot on faith, don't we? - Dan