A bug in the iconv docs?

Hi,

I'm playing a bit with iconv, basically for performance comparisons with
the Restartable Multibyte Conversion Functions and noticed that this
snippet in the official docs:

                                   If OUTBUF or `*OUTBUF' is a
    null pointer, the conversion is performed but no output is
    available.

doesn't seem to really apply (anymore) with glibc2.3.2: I can only obtain
seg faults or trigger asserts...

Thanks,
Paolo.