Re: Patch for printf's "%If"

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003, Hamed Malek wrote:

> Attached is a patch for "%If" (and other similar) format strings to work
> with printf and other such functions. This is required for Persian and
> other locales which use localized digits (outdigit).  Currently, the 'I'
> prefix works for decimal integers, which should be extended to decimal
> floats.

At present this 'I' flag doesn't seem to be documented at all in the libc
manual.  Perhaps you could document exactly what it's meant to do and
where it can go?  In GCC I've implemented the format checking for it as a
flag for decimal integer printf formats - though the glibc format code
looks like it handles this flag after width and precision as well as where
normal flags are accepted.

--
Joseph S. Myers
jsm@polyomino.org.uk