Re: glibc 2.3.3 ?

"Patrick J. LoPresti" <patl@users.sourceforge.net> writes:

> It is said that the cardinal rule of free software development is
> "Release Early, Release Often".
>
> I realize that "often" is a subjective term, but it has now been over
> a year since the last release of glibc.  That release (2.3.2) does not
> even compile with a modern toolchain.  This causes some frustration
> for people who, like me, are trying to operate outside of the "get it
> from your vendor" model.
>
> Is there ever going to be another release of glibc?  Or should I just
> update from CVS now and then and hope for the best?

I'm running the CVS version from a few days ago.  It claims it is "GNU
C Library stable release version 2.3.3".  What does that mean?

There are no problems using it on x86 machines.  However, it fails to
build with tls, and hence nptl, on Alpha.  Without tls it builds but
"make check" fails.  The result seems to be working anyway.

--
Måns Rullgård
mru@kth.se