Re: trouble building glibc-2.3.2/gcc-3.4.0/sparc64 with cvs binutils

M.H.VanLeeuwen wrote:
Can you try glibc from CVS? I couldn't find how it could wind up in
dl-reloc.o.

Any particular thread option necessary for glibc CVS?

here is the configure for sparc64 using binutils-cvs, gcc-cvs & glibc-cvs

checking size of long double... 16
running configure fragment for sysdeps/sparc/sparc64/elf
checking for sparc64 ld WDISP22 handling... broken
running configure fragment for libidn/sysdeps/unix
running configure fragment for nptl/sysdeps/pthread
configure: error: compiler support for __thread is required

I think the thing to do is blow away the nptl* directories and just use linuxthreads. That's what I'm trying, anyway. (Since crosstool.sh enables all addins, and the nptl and linuxthreads addins are exclusive, we have to either blow away one of them or change crosstool.sh anyway...) - Dan

--
My technical stuff: http://kegel.com