Re: POSIX AIO implementation of glibc

I had looked at the code in the glibc-2.3.3-97 (but not the cvsweb)
before I made this post.

I asked this question because the libaio.spec file of libaio-0.3.99 has
a line saying "The POSIX async I/O facility requires this library in
order to provide kernel-accelerated async I/O capabilities " and there
were some glibc patches (http://www.kvack.org/~blah/aio/glibc/) given by
Ben LaHaise to add this support.

My only intention was to find out if there was some plan for merging the
two. Web searches to check for this thread hadn't helped much and hence
this question.

Probably I had to frame the question in a better way .

- Chinmay