Re: [patch] Matsushita AM33/2.0 port

> Maybe we could add nptl to nptl/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/Implies and
> linuxthreads to linuxthreads/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/Implies.
> Then if you configure --enable-add-ons=myport,nptl also
> myport/sysdeps/nptl
> would be searched up and similarly for linuxthreads.

I would prefer to have add-ons' sysdeps trees structured so the sysdeps
tree of the main tree and all kosher add-ons can be unioned without
conflicts.  This makes it easier to figure out reading things, and also
makes it possible to take things in/out of the main tree and/or join
multiple add-ons into one.

It's hard to do that with straight Implies files in the add-ons.  Another
idea is to use add-ons names on the end of the sysdeps search pattern.
Then --enable-add-ons=myport,nptl would find
myport/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/CPU/nptl

This is even more obfuscation of where to find the code.  If we do this, I
think we should go with the convention of putting nptl code in the
unadorned myport/sysdeps/... dir and linuxthreads files in
myport/sysdeps/.../linuxthreads, where they will take priority when
linuxthreads is enabled.  Then there is less gratuitous separation later on
when linuxthreads is eventually dropped from the tree.

Thanks,
Roland