Re: forestalling GNU incompatibility - proposal for binary relative dynamic linking

On Thu, Jan 27, 2005 at 08:16:53AM +0100, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 26, 2005 at 08:21:16PM -0800, Edward Peschko wrote:
> > SuSE is incompatible with redhat, debian, fedora, etc. Redhat is
> > incompatible with SuSE, debian, fedora, etc. And so forth. You need
> > a lot of extra effort to make a cross-linux executable distribution.
>
> Please back that up with facts, otherwise this claim is completely useless.
> Red Hat glibc is definitely compatible with Fedora one and to my knowledge
> other distributions when applying patches to glibc are just putting in backports
> of glibc TRUNK changes, at least if it involves symbol version changes.
>
> glibc-2.3.4 has been widely tested and is certainly stable.
>
> 	Jakub

May I ask please, where there is a list of:

	a) distributions where glibc was built
	b) the compilers used to build glibc on those distributions,
           and versions of those compilers.
        c) what configure flags were used, and what environment
           was used.

And can you build glibc-2.3.4 out of the box on these distributions?

Ed