Re: Supporting multiple gettext directories+

Hi!

Ulrich Drepper [2005-03-22  1:03 -0800]:
> Stop all this nonsense now.  This is clearly a problem that you do not
> understand how to package things.

Please try to actually read what I write. Again, *this is not a
packaging issue*!!! Please don't tell me you never heard about the
purpose of /usr/local and the possibility of locally installing
software compiled from source. *sigh*

> There will not be any change to the code just to enabled your
> unnecessary complications due to non-existing problems.

Just because you don't want to read what I write and try to see the
problem, it does not mean that it doesn't exist.

Also, I did not ask you to modify the official upstream glibc, I asked
for a hint how this could be done in a more efficient way.

> Create your own changes if you must but be warned: if any of
> these changes are visible to the user

Erm, *of course* they are visible to the user. If a patch has no
effect for users, then it it does not actually change anything and
thus it is unnecessary in the first place.

> I'll haunt you for introducing incompatibilities and fragmentation.

What a great attitude towards the LGPL and the Open Source
principle. But at least now I understand why Debian and Ubuntu have
108 files in debian/patches/, if improvements and bug fixes are never
going to be applied upstream...

Sorry for having asked a genuine and polite question.

Regards,

Martin
--
Martin Pitt               http://www.piware.de