Re: ppc64 vDSO in mainline

I'd really like to see you do the prototyping step before getting into the
fancy business.  This is was I asked for before.  Take gettimeofday, the
favorite first example.  Do this by writing a powerpc/gettimeofday.c that
does a lookup using _dl_vsym and caches the result in a static variable.
Use whatever magic you need to handle the missing descriptor.

Steve alluded to problems doing a symbol lookup but didn't give any details.
Like I said before, make that work, and ask here for help in how to do it,
before moving on to hairy ld.so hacks.  One thing at a time.

Thanks,
Roland