Timezone related questions

Hi,

I have an issue which I think I could solve using some glibc's timing routines, but perhaps I'm wrong or didn't find the right documentation, 'cause so far I couldn't get there.

I have a few huge dbs with time information which were recorded at several locations around the word, therefore in various local timezones, some of which implements daylight saving times.

I now have to import those dbs into a consolidated one, and I must have a common reference time, so I though of converting those to utc, through determining whether DST was active or not by the time the information was generated, thus having the correct offset from GMT.

I see glibc has this sort of logic built-in, but it seems to apply only to realtime issues, i.e., timezone convertion functions seems to be relative to the local machine time. I was wondering if there is/was a interface to handle pasttime data like mine, or a pointer to how I could make something like that using that timezone db glibc brings in.

Sorry if this is answered somewhere else, I tried my best trying to figure that out. Any help is welcome.

Thank you,

Alexandre