Re: gcc 4.1 implements compiler builtins for atomic ops

On Sun, Jun 26, 2005 at 04:36:53PM +1000, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> Well, we have _at_least_ 40x which needs a sync in there, and you really
> don't want a sync on other processors for performance reasons. As soon

GCC already supports atomic operations on many platforms.  GCC will
support the 405CR erratum, next week or so.  David's been working on
it.

Let's face it - enough people dislike the overhead of a function call
for this that if glibc implemented them, they'd be inline functions,
and you'd have all the same problems.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery, LLC