Re: inotify support.

Robert Love wrote:
> 	int inotify_init (void)
> 	int inotify_add_watch (int fd, const char *name, __u32 mask);
> 	int inotify_rm_watch (int fd, __u32 wd);
>
> Can we get these added to glibc?

The fact that these are the prototypes for the system calls doesn't
necessarily mean we should use the same for the userlevel code.  The
question is: is there the *potential* that any of the interfaces might
need to be extended?  I think the only contender would be the MASK
parameter of inotify_add_watch.  If yes, we probably should use
something wider than a 32 bit type.

--
â Ulrich Drepper â Red Hat, Inc. â 444 Castro St â Mountain View, CA â