Re: one more openat-style function required: fchmodat

Roland McGrath wrote:
> It's a natural, obvious, and useful addition, no matter what Solaris does
> or doesn't have.  I've put it in.

I'm not at all convinced this is a good think.  It can be achieved using
openat + fchmod.  Yes, other functions we already added fall into that
category, too, but they are either in Solaris' code.  Plus, fstatat, for
instance, if far more performance critical than fchmodat.  Except for
chmod -R no code uses it in mass and chmod is well served by fchmodat.
So, provide a good reason to keep the code or I'll revert the patch.

--
â Ulrich Drepper â Red Hat, Inc. â 444 Castro St â Mountain View, CA â