Re: Fix HEAD build on amd64

> On Fri, Feb 24, 2006 at 01:37:30PM -0800, Roland McGrath wrote:
> > Why shouldn't .eh_frame always be read-only?
>
> It depends on the encoding selected by GCC.  The code in dwarf2out.c
> suggests that there is at least one architecture, somewhere, which
> uses DW_EH_PE_absptr or DW_EH_PE_aligned even for PIC code, and various
> linker versions where it must conservatively be writable.

This is just for our own .so builds in libc, and none of them need that.
What's not clear to me yet is if there are GCC configurations that will
barf at compile/link time on a read-only .eh_frame section.  If so, we'll
go with your configure check I guess.  If not, it can just always be const.

Thanks,
Roland