Re: Readahead value 128K? (was Re: Drastic Slowdown of 'fseek()'

Note: Sent again, separately, with reduced recipients, due to "too many
recipients" anti-spam restrictions on 'libc-alpha@gnu.org' mailing list:

On Monday 27 March 2006 1:50pm, Hans Reiser wrote:
> Thanks Marr.
>
> My concern here is with the users who have no idea what fseek is, and
> just see their apps getting slow.  libc is to my mind doing the clearly
> incorrect thing here.
>
> Is there a libc developers mailing list, maybe we should try them if
> Ulrich is no longer active in libc maintaining?

Good point. I've found a 'glibc' developers' mailing list, so I'm including
them on this reply. Hopefully someone there will pick up on this thread and
respond.

Bill Marr