Glibc cross compilation

Dear Sir, Madam,

Is there some users forums in order to find some help in cross compilation?

I am trying to build a Linux for a Pentium-S machine. I installed the hard
drive via a usb adaptor on a pentium-4 machine that have a running Linux

The kernel has been succesfully compiled, Glibc has been compiled with the
--build=i486-pc-linux-gnu --target=i486-pc-linux-gnu. I moved some
libraries sucj as libc-2.4.so, ld-2.4.so from /newroot/usr/lib to
/newroot/lib as they are the start up libraries ( only prefix=/usr do that
on the build mahine )

The kernel boots, at the end ( in main.c ) an execve is performed on
/sbin/init. ld.so looks like to run properly, but I have an error message
telling the shared library libc.so.6 is not found. I tryed ( we never know
) to copy libc-2.4.so into libc.so.6 rather then the alias, that does not
change anything.

I also tryed to pass init=... to the kernel to try directly some shells, I
have the same error. If I try an old compilation of vi, I have a slightly
different error as libtermcap is not found.

I checked again the configure parameters, /newroot/lib/ld-2.4.so have the
same size thant the whoose in the glibc folder etc...

I use the gcc 4.0.2 compiler, I build in a different directory than the
source ( using VPATH ).

Regards

Patrick