Re: nscd caching getpwent() and getgrent()

>> Nothing stops you from maintaining a global cache shared by all shell
>> processes.
>
> huh ?  and how would you go about doing that ?  shells are sep processes
> that
> share no such data
> -mike

Well, you could use some sort of Name Service Caching Daemon...

I've got it working fine now with my changes to nscd. I had asked about it
on this list to see what approach would be preferred by glibc maintainers,
but it sounds like they don't want it at all. So we'll just keep it
locally here, since nscd does what we want now.

Cheers all,
Mike Mammarella