Re: [PING] Re: String Functions for x86-64

Hi all,

On Monday 31 July 2006 23:57, Menezes, Evandro wrote:
> HJ,
>
> > > Just a thought: are its caches sizes being correctly detected in
> > > dl-machine.h?
> >
> > I think it may have something to with SW prefetch. Nocona/Merom
> > don't like it much.
>
> These results
> (http://sources.redhat.com/ml/libc-alpha/2006-07/msg00116.html) were on a
> Nocona, so I guess that it's at least better than the current routines.
>
> BTW, for the sake of speed, could you focus on existing products as of May,
> when I fist posted the routines?

Just to ping this patches once more ... They still apply to 2.5 without fuzz
and we included it in our HPC products we ship to customers since they where
first published and uncovered not a single defect since then.

Maybe we can get this (or even better patches) into CVS before next year's
christmas?

Yours,

--
  René Rebe - ExactCODE - Berlin (Europe / Germany)
  +49 (0)30 / 255 897 45