Re: First line of ld-linux.so that is called

So, how does it work internally, ldd just displays the address of his
own ld-linux.so as a "sample"? What can we make use of this address
then?

Any way to tell where ld-so's address will be loaded from GDB?

If kernel has an algorithm to calucate which address to load for
differnt lib, this address should be stable, at least every time ldd
is trying to display it. but it is kind of changing every time I tried
to display ldd on a program.

Somewhere I read ld-linux is loaded at 0x40000000 in order to avoid
conflicting with the read program, it doesn't seem to be so true.

thanks
patrick

On 2/15/07, Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@false.org> wrote:
On Thu, Feb 15, 2007 at 04:29:57PM -0600, Patrick Zou wrote:
> this brings an interesting topic, how does ldd know the the position
> of ld-linus.so? cause ld-linux is loaded by kernel. I guess ldd is
> just bragging..

It's a sample address - ldd actually invokes ld.so in order to get
those results.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery