Re: Ping Re: soft-fp quad.h patch

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007, Jakub Jelinek wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 18, 2007 at 08:56:15PM +0000, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> > Ping.  Could someone review this patch for bug 2831
> > <http://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2006-06/msg00011.html>?  Jakub, you
> > reviewed the last soft-fp patches to go in.
>
> Is there any reason why you want unsigned long long FP_W_TYPE rather than
> just unsigned long?

Yes, MIPS64 N32 is an ABI using 64-bit registers but 32-bit long, so using
unsigned long long is more efficient.  The aim is to implement sqrtl to
fix bug 2833, which has been blocked (accepted ports patch depending on
unreviewed libc patch) on this soft-fp patch since last June.

> If yes, then your patch is certainly not sufficient:

It suffices for this particular case of allowing sqrtl to work - but as I
said in the bug on 23 June, if you'd prefer a larger patch where all such
bit-fields for all floating-point formats are changed to _FP_W_TYPE,
please let me know, and I'll prepare one.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com