Re: PowerPC malloc alignment

On Sat, Nov 03, 2007 at 11:52:47AM -0000, Wolfram Gloger wrote:
> I hate to suggest it (because you've surely considered it already),
> but the obvious alternatives:
>
>  - bump libc major version
>
>  - put a version tag on malloc et al (don't know if that's feasible)

We managed every other libc interface affected by the long double
change without having to bump the soname; it's so incredibly and
astoundingly painful that I will go to whatever lengths necessary
to avoid it.

I thought about versioning malloc, but it doesn't work out.  glibc and
other new libraries will call the malloc with new alignment.  You'd
have to have both versions of malloc and give them separate arenas,
I suppose...

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery