Re: sparc localplt files

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 01:41:26PM -0700, David Miller wrote:
> Jakub, I noticed that you only checked in sparc-* and sparc64-*
> versions of the localplt files for Sparc.  These will not be
> found when building for sparcv9-*, sparcv9v-*, etc. which is why
> I added the whole set of files in my version of the patch.

Yes, I know.

> Unless you are going to add logic to the file searching in the
> Makefile, you will need to add files for those cases too.

I just think we need to add some extra logic, because having 4
or more identical files in scripts/data/ is bad.

ATM we use

check-data := $(firstword $(wildcard \
                $(patsubst %,../scripts/data/localplt-%.data,\
                           $(addsuffix -$(config-os),\
                                       $(config-machine) $(base-machine))\
                           generic)))

and IMHO we should add something in between config-machine
and base-machine.  For sparcv9* etc. that's not a problem,
because it matches sparc - base-machine, but for sparc64v etc.
we'd like to use sparc64 if sparc64v is missing.  Roland, any ideas?
We could perhaps add some extra config.make substitution (don't know
what would be the best name for it though) and set it in configure,
or substitute second path component of $machine from configure.

	Jakub