Re: AT_* flags

On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 9:34 AM, David Bartley
<dtbartle@csclub.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 10:08 AM, Ulrich Drepper <drepper@redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>> David Bartley wrote:
>>> I noticed that the AT_* flags (e.g. AT_FDCWD) are defined in
>>> io/fcntl.h. Shouldn't they be defined in the platform-dependent
>>> bits/fcntl.h? Solaris (and probably other platforms) define different
>>> values for these flags.
>>
>> And why should this matter?  The only other supported kernel is Hurd and
>> they can and should use the same value.
>
> Glibc has been ported to some of the *bsd systems and might eventually
> be ported to other platforms. Wouldn't it generally be a good idea to
> make glibc as portable/platform-independent as is reasonable?

I'm pretty certain I'm the last person who touched the Solaris port of
glibc, and that wasn't in this millennium.  Let whichever porter picks
it up next deal with it.

--
Jeff Bailey - http://www.raspberryginger.com/jbailey/
"Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that