Re: PATCH: Add ifunc attribute

On 06/24/2009 03:22 AM, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
Looks a bit too like DWIM and too little like a specification. I think I
prefer option 1, in some cases you may want to call the trampoline and
having it accessible can help. With

__typeof (foo) *
__attribute__ ((ifunc ("foo")))
foo_ifunc (void)
{
<return address of foo_{1,2,3}>
}

you could call foo_ifunc if you wish in principle, and the header file
only has the prototype of foo as expected.

I think I have to agree with you, Paolo. This example is the sort of thing I'd expect to actually be writing.

r~