Re: [GIT]: Sparc bug fixes

I merged the branch.  Dave is now our main man for sparc (many thanks to
Jakub for tending it most of these last many years!).  All these changes
touch only sparc files, and they pass the once-over sniff test,
i.e. formatting and log entries are good, and in the substance nothing pops
out to the eye not very trained in sparc.

I'm not sure whether all these patches were posted individually before.
I don't think we've really set any policy about submitting git branches.
What seems to be normal in other projects (and on libc-ports) is to post
individual patches on the mailing list for the record before or at the same
time as pushing in git.  That seems like a good policy for here too.
(IMHO libc-hacker is really the best list for that.)

Thanks,
Roland