Re: x32 psABI draft version 0.2

>>> On 16.02.11 at 21:04, "H. Peter Anvin" <hpa@zytor.com> wrote:
> On 02/16/2011 11:22 AM, H.J. Lu wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I updated  x32 psABI draft to version 0.2 to change x32 library path
>> from lib32 to libx32 since lib32 is used for ia32 libraries on Debian,
>> Ubuntu and other derivative distributions. The new x32 psABI is
>> available from:
>>
>> https://sites.google.com/site/x32abi/home
>>

> I'm wondering if we should define a section header flag (sh_flags)
> and/or an ELF header flag (e_flags) for x32 for the people unhappy about
> keying it to the ELF class...

Thanks for supporting this!

Besides that I also wonder why all the 64-bit relocations get
marked as LP64-only. It is clear that some of them can be useful
in ILP32 as well, and there's no reason to preclude future uses
even if currently no-one can imagine any.

Furthermore, it seems questionable to continue to require rela
relocations when for all normal ones (leaving aside the 8- and 16-
bit ones) the addend can fit in the relocated field.

Finally, shouldn't R_X86_64_GLOB_DAT and R_X86_64_JUMP_SLOT
also have a field specifier of wordclass rather than word64 (though
'wordclass' by itself would probably be wrong if the tying of the ABI
to the ELF class was eliminated)? And how about R_X86_64_*TP*64
and R_X86_64_TLSDESC?

Jan