Re: [Bulk] Re: Using linker scripts with dlopen

> I'm sorry if you think I'm belaboring the issue, but please see the
> example in the dlopen(3) man page:

Linux man pages are not maintained by people who actually know how to use
the stuff.

> And the example in the dlsym man page in The Open Group Base
> Specifications Issue 7
> (http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/functions/dlsym.html#)
>
> // {snip}
> handle = dlopen("/usr/home/me/libfoo.so", RTLD_LOCAL | RTLD_LAZY);
> // {snip}

This is a generic example not referring to the complexities of real life.

> Both examples show the reference to an unversioned shared object.
> My interpretation is that this is an intended use case of both POSIX and
> GNU/Linux.

The examples show "some name", and do not even attempt to address the
subject of how you get a real name to use in a real case.  Your
interpretation is wildly off, sorry.