BZ#12509 changes

> > >From what I can see, 4bff6e01 remains on the trunk and hasn't been fixed
> > there or in the 2.14 branch.  Is that so?
>
> Yes, it seems so.  Andreas keeps his version of the change in his
> fedora/2.14/master and fedora/master branches, where his commit 675155e
> effectively replaces this controversial commit 4bff6e0.

So, what's the story with the l_orig_initfini change?
Commit 4bff6e01 seems to cause regressions, as was discussed here before.
Fedora is using different code (commit 675155e on fedora/master).
But it's been left broken on the trunk.  We really ought to get this
fixed before 2.15.

What gives?

There seem to be several other random areas where Fedora has grown new
differences from mainline.  We were supposed to be going in the opposite
direction, converging by merging branch changes in, not growing new ones
that never get merged.

It does nobody any good if the trunk is broken and every system-builder is
using miscellaneous changes just to get back to working.

Thanks,
Roland