Re: follow-up on tile architecture changes

On 12/14/2011 12:33 PM, Roland McGrath wrote:
>> Should this be one branch per change?  Or should I queue a number of
>> changes into one branch that I can use for staging all my core changes,
>> e.g., "cmetcalf/tile/"?
> If the changes are not directly interdependent, then one branch per change
> is easier for selective merging.  (Of course, you can structure the names
> of the branches however you like, e.g. putting them all under cmetcalf/tile/.)

I went ahead and created a cmetcalf/tile_elf_h branch, following the
instructions in http://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/GlibcGit.  If that's
structurally the kind of thing you were looking for, that would be good to
know.

But based on the recent exchange between you and Joseph Myers I suspect it
may make as much sense for me to directly commit the Tile-specific changes
to the core.  So I'll repost the series of changes; let me know if they are
suitable for directly committing or whether you would like to commit them,
and if so, whether I should create branches like the tile_elf_h branch for
them.

Thanks a lot!
--
Chris Metcalf, Tilera Corp.