Re: Remove __STDC__ conditionals from installed headers

On Thu, 26 Jan 2012, Paul Eggert wrote:

> On 01/26/2012 02:04 PM, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> > That does however rely on
> > changes made in gnulib being contributed to glibc.
>
> We gnulib developers have been a bit lax about contributing fixes back.
> Perhaps now is a good time to start rectifying this -- should we start
> with md5.c, as an example?

I don't think it matters where you start - but as Roland says, you'll need
to send individual logical fixes, each with its own rationale for what the
patch does.  (Anything that purely affects !_LIBC code is of course easier
to review since it's obvious it can't break glibc, but even there we might
want a different approach that means no _LIBC conditional is needed at
all, for example.)

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com