Re: C11 bounds checking interfaces in glibc?

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 02:04:11PM -0800, Roland McGrath wrote:
> > I used to use asprintf(&foo, ...) a lot, but had to stop using it because
> > some older glibc versions cause corruption with it.
>
> Can you elaborate?

Not very much, sorry.

I had it in a program and got a report from one user who used an older
Fedora with older glibc that it caused corruption there. Switched
over to using something else then and that fixed the problem.

Modern glibcs seem to be ok, I've never seen any problems with
it on my own systems.

-Andi