Re: [Patch] Adding fedfs to /etc/rpc

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 14:11, Andreas Jaeger <aj@suse.com> wrote:
> I think NIS+ is not used much on Linux but NIS is still in use. So, I'm fine
> with dropping NIS+ but we need a solution for NIS.

NIS+ is heavily used in some circles.

I don't know what you mean by supporting NIS.  The code in libnss_nis*
can stay as-is until libtirpc is up to snuff.  At that point that
library can be a build prerequisite and the DSOs can be linked with
it.  No change needed for now.

And ypserv etc have their own code, right?  If not, it's easy enough
to do, just copy over what is needed.