Re: sysdeps/.../elf

On Mon, 19 Mar 2012, Andreas Jaeger wrote:

> And this is exactly the problem I now have - after moving
> sysdeps/x86_64/elf/start.S to sysdeps/x86_64, the start.S file from
> sysdeps/unix is choosen instead of the sysdeps/x86_64 version.

I think that's one of the files under sysdeps/unix that should be removed
as no longer used (subject to testing).  At a glance all of

sysdeps/unix/i386/start.c
sysdeps/unix/sparc/start.c
sysdeps/unix/start.c

are probably dead - I don't know about sysdeps/mach/start.c - and in
ports, sysdeps/unix/arm/start.c.

A final patch for removing the "elf" directories should probably be tested
by comparing before-and-after disassembly for the shared libraries on a
few architectures (it should be unchanged, though different paths will
mean different debug info).

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com