Re: vfprintf typing problem

On 04/02/2012 05:53 AM, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> It makes it unnecessarily hard to comprehend, against all mathematical
> style.

No, actually it's a common style among some mathematicians
to say "0 < x" rather than "x > 0".  The idea is that it's clearer
if textual order reflects numeric order, following Leibniz's
criterion for notations.  I was taught this as a coding style
by Val Schorre, one of the best programmers I've ever worked with.
(Knuth credits Schorre as being the first to promote goto-free
programming in the early 1960s, again on the principle of clarity.)
We've been using this style in other GNU software, and it works
pretty well there.