Re: vfprintf typing problem

   > It makes it unnecessarily hard to comprehend, against all
   > mathematical style.

   No, actually it's a common style among some mathematicians to say
   "0 < x" rather than "x > 0".  The idea is that it's clearer if
   textual order reflects numeric order, following Leibniz's criterion
   for notations.  I was taught this as a coding style by Val Schorre,
   one of the best programmers I've ever worked with.  (Knuth credits
   Schorre as being the first to promote goto-free programming in the
   early 1960s, again on the principle of clarity.)  We've been using
   this style in other GNU software, and it works pretty well there.

It kinda makes things awkward to read and reason though, if 0 is less
than x ...  how can 0 be less than anything; it is constant.