Re: deadlock in malloc

On 03/21/2012 10:19 PM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 12:40 PM, Jeff Law<law@redhat.com> wrote:
Assume we're we're in libc_malloc and the call to _int_malloc has failed
because we're unable to sbrk more memory.
Which seems like the right way to go, so I'd like to unify the 5
implementations to have a similar structure.  ie, release the lock within
the conditional just prior to calling arena_get2 and being safe WRT
modification of ar_ptr->next.

Thoughts or comments?

I haven't had time to look at this but I want to make time (that or I'll get someone else to review it).

Could you please file a bugzilla issue with a dump of your thoughts so
we don't loose this?
Done, along with a patch that we're using in Fedora and within Red Hat.
#13939

jeff