Re: State of libc-locale?

On 04/04/2012 08:34 PM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 2:24 PM, Andreas Jaeger<aj@suse.com> wrote:
On 04/04/2012 05:29 PM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:

On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 4:46 AM, Andreas Jaeger<aj@suse.com> wrote:

Looking at the libc-locale archives and the many open bugs regarding locales: Is anybody still taking care of the locales?

There are two issues here that I see:

* What are the distros doing.

* Bugzilla triage process.

We should pull in the distros them in to talk about what they are
doing if anything with the locale bugs they get.

I've tried to start documenting our distro contacts here:
http://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/MAINTAINERS#Distribution_Maintainers

Thanks, I've added myself for openSUSE and Michael for SUSE.

The bugzilla triage process is something we are still growing into.

I know.

locales looks special since it has a mailing list associated with it,

It's not special.

It was somehow special in the past but it does not need to be that way any longer.

I think that we should kill the locales list and get everyone to post
issues to libc-alpha.

They are bugs just like any other bugs, having a special list or a
special process for them just means it will get neglected.

I'm a stalwart proponent for having only one way to do something :-)

Comments?

Yeah, let's change the default owner, mass reassign the list to unassigned and delete the mailing list,

Andreas