Re: PATCH: Use __builtin_bswap32/64 for GCC >= 4.2

> Here is an updated patch to use  bits/byteswap-16.h.  I also
> updated hjl/bswap branch.  OK to install?

When publishing branches, it's far more useful if you make them ones we
could merge directly.  So include a proper ChangeLog entry in the branch.
We don't want the intermediate history to be merged in.  So instead of just
pushing an incremental commit onto your branch, rebase and replace the
branch with the new single commit that is ready for merge.  The server's
hooks prevent you from pushing a rebase directly, but you can do:
	git push origin :hjl/bswap # delete the old branch
	git push origin hjl/bswap # re-create under the same name

Say "16-bit" in comments, never "16bit".

Using attachments for patches is a bit of a pain for me.
So if your MUA is not broken, just put them directly in the message text.

This patch is now rather far afield from the subject line.
So please post it fresh with a clear subject and with some explanation
of exactly what this patch alone is accomplishing.

Thanks,
Roland