Re: PATCH: Move sysdeps/x86_64/Implies to sysdeps/x86_64/64

On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 2:04 PM, Roland McGrath <roland@hack.frob.com> wrote:
>> The elf directory is gone and I still have the same problem. ?Do
>> we have a solution? ?I'd like to have both Implies-after and
>> Implies-before to add implied directories before and after implied
>> directories from Implies files in subdirectories.
>
> Are you using the draft patch I posted before?

Yes.

> That adds Implies-after.
>
> I haven't seen an explanation of why Implies-before would be needed too.
> It's far too complex already, so I don't want to add any new wrinkles
> without a clear need for them.

For x86-64, with Implies-after, the search order can only be

ieee754/ldbl-96
ieee754/dbl-64/wordsize-64
ieee754/dbl-64
ieee754/flt-32
wordsize-64

not

wordsize-64
ieee754/ldbl-96
ieee754/dbl-64/wordsize-64
ieee754/dbl-64
ieee754/flt-32

For x86-64, those 2 different orders don't make a difference.

BTW, the current search order for x86-64 is

wordsize-64
ieee754/ldbl-96
ieee754/dbl-64/wordsize-64
ieee754/dbl-64