Re: PATCH: Add bits/byteswap-16.h and use GCC builtin 32/64-bit bswap

> My end goal is to add byteswap-16.h and remove
> arch-dependent byteswap.h.  I assume the so called
> "giant" patch is due to removing arch-dependent byteswap.h
> files.  Why can't removing arch-dependent byteswap.h
> be reviewed now?

It can be reviewed soon.  It just can't all be reviewed as one big patch,
or all go in as one big commit.  If you'd spent as much time slicing things
up into small pieces as I asked as you've already spent arguing about it,
then more than half your work would have been committed by now.