Re: BZ#10254: Explain additional fopen parameters

> +@Theglibc{} defines additional character fors use in @var{opentype}:

characters for

> +@item c
> +The file is opened with cancellation in the I/O functions disabled.

xref here?

> +@item e
> +The file is opened with the flag @code{O_CLOEXEC}, thus it is closed
> +if you use any of the @code{exec@dots{}} functions (@pxref{Executing a
> +File}).

Unfortunately the manual does not yet describe O_CLOEXEC.  So this is
incongruous.  I think it's best here to just describe the behavior:

The underlying file descriptor will be closed if you use any of the
@code{exec@dots{}} functions (@pxref{Executing a File}).  (This is
equivalent to having set @code{FD_CLOEXEC} on that descriptor.
@xref{Descriptor Flags}.)

> +@item m
> +The file is opened and accessed using @code{mmap}. This is only
> +supported with files opened for reading.

Two spaces after a sentence.

> +@item x
> +Insist on creating a new file---if a file @var{filename} already
> +exists, @code{fopen} fails rather than opening it.  If you use
> +@samp{x} you are guaranteed that you will not clobber an existing
> +file.  This is equivalent to the @code{O_EXCL} option to the
> +@code{open} function (@pxref{Opening and Closing Files})

Missing period.

> +The @samp{x} modifier is part of @w{ISO C 11}.

I don't think we have a precedent yet for citing this standard.
The analog for C99 looks like @w{ISO C99}.

Thanks,
Roland